Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Taeko Ohnuki - SUNSHOWER (1977) (A)

 


I've been a fan of Ohnuki's work for a while now, having listened to most of her discography. Alongside Mignonne and Romantique, SUNSHOWER (which from this point on will be written as 'Sunshower' as opposed to its stylization in all capitals) is one of my favourite albums in her library.  Sunshower is an excellent demonstration of Ohnuki's general composition style, as well as being a great album by itself. The album displays upbeat, multi-instrument songs like Tokai, Summer Connection and (ironically) Silent Screamer, as well as softer piano driven tracks with some jazz elements thrown in. The album itself paints colours of light blue and dull greens in my mind - the colours of a field on a summer's day, even with the aforementioned piano songs. The album brings a joyous tone and feel alongside it, which I am a huge fan of.

8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fun Haus - Falling Down (2021) (S)

  I haven't listened to a whole lot of NFH, but this new release definitely captured my attention. Falling Down experiments with brass, ...