Monday, November 9, 2020

Hako Yamazaki - Tobimasu (1975) (A)


 I wrote a review about this album way back on a website called AllMusic, so here is the review from that website.

There is not a single song on this album I dislike. I think every song on this record belongs where its placed, and I think every song on this album is amazing. 'Nostalgia' opens the album with a soft guitar arrangement that sets the tone for 90% of the album, and right from the beginning of the album, Hako throws her heart and soul into her voice. The following songs get better and better, each complimenting the last in my opinion. "Change of Pace" brings quite literally, a change of pace to the album, breaking away from the somber tones of the songs on the record to keep things fresh. 'Man and a Woman in a Room' is a great closer to the album that compliments 'Nostalgia' really well. The sound itself, the placement of the songs and they way they compliment each other all mix together to form an amazing, 10/10 album.




No comments:

Post a Comment

No Fun Haus - Falling Down (2021) (S)

  I haven't listened to a whole lot of NFH, but this new release definitely captured my attention. Falling Down experiments with brass, ...